A partial archive of edxchange.opencraft.com as of Wednesday July 13, 2022.

Quick Course Feedback for Instructors

juliegoff

If the feedback can be highly structured, consider using the Poll and Survey advanced tools in edX. These must be enabled in Advanced Settings.

If you want reactions to a prompt or provocation rather than answers to a question, consider using a Word Cloud.

If it is ok for students to give public feedback, use the edX discussion forum. Create a specific thread for this purpose, and link students directly to that thread from appropriate places within the course.

If the feedback should remain private, create a Google Form with targeted questions and embed it in the course via iframe.

• Caveat: You will receive some form submissions that would be better directed to the forums. You will not be able to respond to these students unless you ask for their e-mail address in the form.
  • You can get the code by hitting the “Send” button in Google Forms.

Credit: @Colin_Fredericks

Colin_Fredericks

Might want to remove references to VPAL, since that’s a Harvard-specific group.

juliegoff

Good catch - thanks! Deleted.

mgoudz

I recommend a new title for this - “Quick Course Feedback for Instructors.”

antoviaque

@mgoudz Sounds good to me! Actually, I think you should be able to make the change directly, since the posts in the “What do we have?” section should be wikis be default. Do you see the option to edit this post’s title?

mgoudz

@antoviaque No, I don’t have an edit option on this post or title, probably since @juliegoff is the author. Julie, what do you think about the proposed title change?

juliegoff

@mgoudz I made the title change – but @antoviaque is right, these should be editable. Can you edit body of text, just not title?

mgoudz

Hold on, I think I can edit the article and title. I just need to click the little green pencil to “edit wiki”.
"

juliegoff

bingo! wiki FTW:raised_hands: